Navigate Up
Sign In

 School History

St. Joseph's Primary School was established in 1913 by Father Andrew Horan and a committee of laymen, on a site in "Liverpool Estate" in Albert Street, North Ipswich.

For sixty-two years the Sisters of Mercy administered the Parish-owned school until 1975 whenthe first lay principal was appointed by Brisbane Catholic Education.

St Joseph's is still a Parish school but part of the Brisbane Catholic Education System.